Inspired by the classic Pultec EQs and modelled using measured data
and schematics from real hardware, using algorithms originally
developed for the linuxDSP PEQ-2A, the PTC-2A is an affordable
emulation of one of the most sought-after vintage EQs, for Windows XP
/ 7 and Mac OS X Digital Audio Workstations.
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls: Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec 'Low-end trick'.
- Physical Control Weighting: Replicates the 'feel' as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- Passive Filters: 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage: Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.
- Analogue Filter Modelling: Analogue Filter Modelling algorithms recreate natural analogue filter curves, without requiring high sample rates or CPU intensive upsampling, allowing more plugin instances in a typical DAW.
Download File Size:2.76 MB